Where can I find e-books for free?
Here’s a list of 12 places where you can find a wealth of free e-books (yes, free e-books!).
- Google eBookstore. The Google eBookstore offers an entire section of free e-books to download.
- Project Gutenberg.
- Open Library.
- Internet Archive.
- Free eBooks.
Does McGill library have audiobooks?
News. The McGill Library has introduced OverDrive, a new service that allows you to browse, check out, and download digital media with your McGill ID card. You can listen to titles on your computer, transfer them to a portable device, or even burn some to a CD. Take a guided tour, or begin searching now.
Can you use library ebooks on Kindle?
How It Works. You can borrow Kindle books from your local library’s website and, with the click of a button, have them delivered to your Kindle device or free reading app. Visit the website of a U.S. library that offers digital services from OverDrive. Check out a Kindle book (using a valid library card).
How do I download an eBook from the library to my Kindle?
Go to the website of your local public library and search for “Kindle books” or “eBooks.” At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account and select the device to which you want to send the book. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
How do I read an ebook on my Kindle?
Go to read.amazon.com to open Kindle Cloud Reader. You may need to sign in with your Amazon account. Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Select a book to start reading.
How do I read an ebook I bought on Amazon?
Go to your Library. If you’re on a computer, double-click on the book cover. If you’re on a mobile device, select the book cover. A progress bar updates as the book downloads.
How do I get free ebooks for my Kindle?
- How to get free books on your Kindle.
- Search the Kindle bookstore on your device or Amazon.com.
- Use an Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited subscription.
- Look at resources like Project Gutenberg, BookBub, and Scribd.
- Rent eBooks for free from your local library.
How do I open over drive?
Getting started with the OverDrive app
- Install the OverDrive app from the Amazon Appstore (or another app store, where available).
- Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to sign in (or sign up) using your library card or a free OverDrive account.
Can you read library books on Kindle in Canada?
Kindle is not compatible in Canada, only on US library system.