How do I start Windows 10 in protected mode?
How to boot in Safe Mode in Windows 10
- Hold down the Shift button as you click “Restart.”
- Choose “Troubleshoot” on the Choose an option screen.
- Choose “Startup Settings” and then click Restart to get to the final selection menu for Safe Mode.
- Enable Safe Mode with or without internet access.
What key do I press for Safe Mode?
Press Windows key + R (force Windows to start into safe mode every time you reboot the PC)
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
How to enable or disable protected mode in Windows 10?
Step 1: Turn on Internet Options. Step 2: Open Security, deselect Enable Protected Mode and tap OK. Step 3: Click OK in the Warning window to confirm the setting.
Why is protected mode available only for Windows Vista?
Protected Mode is available only for Windows Vista or later versions because it is based on the following security features that are new to Windows Vista: User Account Control (UAC)makes it easy to run without administrator privileges.
What does “windows protected your PC” mean?
Summary : If you run a program, Windows 10 may give you a pop-up window saying “Windows protected your PC”. This message may appear when you are in a browser. The former is the warning given by Microsoft and the latter is a tech support scam.
How to turn off “windows protected your PC” on Windows 10?
To turn off “Windows protected your PC” on Windows 10, you can choose to disable SmartScreen via Windows Settings, Registry Editor and Local Group Policy Editor. If you encounter a scam with the same error message, close your web browser, uninstall a malicious program, use antivirus software, and reset your browser to default settings.