What goes well with a tuna melt sandwich?
What to serve with a Classic Tuna Melt:
- potato chips.
- Macaroni Salad.
- Buttermilk Coleslaw.
- Carrot Raisin Salad.
How do you make an easy tuna melt sandwich?
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion and celery; mix well.
- Top 4 of the slices of bread with 1 slice cheese each. Spread tuna mixture over cheese slices and top with remaining bread slices.
- Spread each sandwich with additional mayonnaise; place in skillet.
What cheese goes with tuna?
Cheese and tuna are commonly paired together in sandwiches and toasties. Therefore, this means a creamy cheese or a cheese with good melting properties is required….Top 4 Cheeses to Pair with Tuna are:
- -Comte or Gruyere.
- -Fresh cheese (cream cheese or cottage cheese)
How do you spice up a tuna melt?
Toppings: Keep it simple with tuna and cheese or jazz it up by adding tomato, avocado, bacon, sprouts, jalapeños or hot sauce for a spicy tuna melt!
What veggie goes with tuna melt?
Best Crudites to serve with Tuna Sandwiches: Your tuna sandwich should be paired with a mix of crunchy crudites. We love thinly sliced cucumber, peppers, and carrots, with a handful of radishes for a peppery kick. Adding a fresh pesto dip will bring a whole new dimension to this great side dish for tuna sandwiches.
Is a tuna melt good for you?
Although a traditional tuna melt is made with healthy tuna, it’s shockingly high in calories and and fat. Most restaurants use tuna packed in oil, regular mayo, cheese and grilled in butter.
Is American cheese good on tuna sandwich?
So many cheeses work in a tuna melt. Cheddar, American*, Swiss, Gruyère, Pepper Jack—even low-moisture mozzarella.
Why is it called a tuna melt?
Like many popular regional recipes it was born of a mistake in a busy kitchen; when a diner asked for a “grilled cheese sandwich with a smear of mayo” at the Woolworth’s lunch counter on King’s Street in Charleston, a bowl of tuna salad that was above the griddle tipped over and fell on to the grilled cheese and …
What to add to tuna to make it taste better?
3. Get creative with your favorite flavors
- 1 can tuna (5 ounces), drained.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar.
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or chili garlic sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
What goes well with tuna?
Here are 14 of the best sides to serve with your tuna.
- Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Roasted Lemon Potatoes.
- Garlic Fries.
- Fried Veggies with Teriyaki Sauce.
- Stuffed Peppers.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes.
- Fried Green Beans.
- Brown Rice.
How do you make tuna taste good?
To make tuna taste good healthy and without adding calories, try Greek yogurt with salt, pepper, parsley, onion and dill. A healthy substitute for tuna instead of mayo will be sesame or olive oil and lemon juice, or dijon mustard. Add red onion and celery to make tuna juicier without mayonnaise.