What is a lean roadmap?
A lean product roadmap is a strategic tool that provides alignment, focus and predictability, but it is not a Release Plan or a Product Backlog. An agile product roadmap consists of issues, needs, benefits or problems to solve for our customers and/or company, always linked to the product objectives.
What is a product development roadmap?
What is a product roadmap? A product roadmap is a shared source of truth that outlines the vision, direction, priorities, and progress of a product over time. It’s a plan of action that aligns the organization around short and long-term goals for the product or project, and how they will be achieved.
What should a product roadmap include?
A strategic product roadmap typically includes the following key points: Product vision — what you want your product to become in the future. Strategy — an execution plan detailing what your company is going to do to meet the vision. Goal — a time-bound objective that can be measured by a specific metric.
What are the 5 steps of lean manufacturing?
Step 1: Specify Value. Define value from the perspective of the final customer.
How do you write a product development roadmap?
With these components and considerations in mind, here are the five main steps to building a product roadmap:
- Define your product strategy.
- Review and manage ideas.
- Define features and requirements.
- Organize into releases.
- Choose roadmap views.
- Tools and tips for getting started with product roadmaps.
How do you plan a roadmap?
9 tips on how to build a roadmap
- Choose the type of roadmap.
- Share your “why”
- Tailor your roadmap to your audience.
- Prioritize the right themes.
- Stay flexible.
- Use the right roadmapping tool.
- Make the roadmap clear and compelling.
- Assign broad timeframes for milestones.
Where can I create a product roadmap?
Web-based Tools to Create a Product Roadmap
- Craft helps you build epics and stories and translate those into visual roadmap.
- Lucidchart offers real time collaboration, with a simple user interface.
- Onedesk helps you identify and prioritize requirements.