How can I boot from CD in Windows 8?
Insert the Windows 8 Installation Disc into the internal / external DVD or BD reading device. Turn on your computer. During the boot up screen, press [F12] on your keyboard to enter Boot Menu. Once entered Boot Menu, choose the DVD or BD reading device where you insert the installation disc.
How do I boot from DVD?
How to boot from DVD or CD rescue media
- Go to your computer’s BIOS settings and confirm that the optical drive is listed first in the boot sequence.
- Insert the rescue boot disk into the optical drive.
- Restart your computer.
- Stay alert!
- Your computer should start using the rescue boot disk.
How do I boot Windows from CD repair?
To use the system repair disc
- Insert the system repair disc into your CD or DVD drive.
- Restart your computer using the computer’s power button.
- If prompted, press any key to start the computer from the system repair disc.
- Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
- Select a recovery option, and then click Next.
How do I make a CD ROM first boot device?
- Press to enter system BIOS setup.
- Go to the Boot Options menu.
- Choose Boot Option#1 and press the Enter key.
- Choose the DVD-ROM or CD-ROM drive to use for your first boot option.
- Press the Enter key to confirm your selection.
- Press to save and reboot.
How do I make a CD-ROM first boot device?
How do I reload Windows from a CD?
First, insert the Windows installation disc into your computer’s disc drive and restart your computer. You should see the Windows installer appear. (If it doesn’t, you’ll need to change the boot order in your computer’s BIOS so the computer boots from the CD or DVD drive.)
How do I access my CD drive in DOS?
Use the following procedure to access the CD-ROM drive under MS-DOS 6.22.
- Download m500cdld.exe from Toshiba Web Site at: http:\\pcsupport.toshiba.com.
- Copy the CDROM. SYS file from the temporary folder to the C:\DOS folder.
- Edit the C:\AUTOEXEC.
- Edit the C:\CONFIG.
How do I reset my computer to factory settings without a CD?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.