What are the 6 basic method of bartending?
What are the 6 basic method of bartending?
BARTENDER GUIDE: Basic techniques including stirring, shaking, layering, muddling, blending and building.
What are the bar cleaning procedure?
Bar Opening Cleaning Checklist
- Clean shelves and refrigerators.
- Stock shelves, fridges and wells.
- Put dishes away.
- Wipe down the bar top and stools with sanitizer.
- Set up service bars with straws, picks, bar mats and other items.
- Cut and display garnishes, including limes, lemons, cherries and olives.
How can you tell if a bartender is stealing?
25 ways bartenders steal and how to stop them.
- Under-ring the correct price of a drink order and pocket the difference.
- Over pour and/or give free drinks to friends and family.
- Claim a bogus walk-out.
- Brings in their own bottle of liquor and pockets cash from the sale.
What are the procedure in opening bar?
To ensure that you’re ready for customers, follow these six steps for opening a bar for the day:
- Do a Preliminary Building Check.
- Polish and Sanitize Surfaces.
- Take Inventory of Beverages.
- Set Up the Room.
- Prep and Refill the Condiment Bar.
- Refill the Ice Bin.
What are the 5 basic methods of preparing cocktails?
What are the Methods of Making Cocktail
- Building Method. It is made by pouring the ingredients one by one into the glass in which it is to be served and then stirred.
- Stirring Method.
- Shaking Method.
- Blending Method.
- Layering Method.
What are the six methods drinks preparation?
Basic methods for preparing cocktails:
- Blend — Mix;
- Shake — Shake;
- Build — Construct;
- Stir — Stir.
What are the 5 ways that you can work to keep your bar space clean?
Cleanup Chronicles: 5 Tips for Keeping a Spotless Bar
- Reset the Station Every Time.
- Stay Consistent.
- Learn to Multitask.
- Communicate with Co-Workers and Guests.
- Remember That a Clean Station Is an Efficient Station.
What is bar checklist?
What is a Bar Checklist? A bar checklist is used to ensure that bar operation procedures are followed on a regular basis. This tool can be used by bar managers and waitstaff as a guide when preparing for, during, and after operations.
How do you stop bartenders from pouring over?
Another option is to use standard pour spouts and require your staff to use jiggers. These small measuring cups help bartenders measure a precise amount of alcohol, helping them craft precise drink recipes and avoid over-pouring.
Why do bartenders give you two straws?
Sometimes two straws are given because one straw is so skinny and the flow is too slow. Particularly with drinks that have a lot of crushed ice — or that are a little more viscous — it can be frustrating to drink out of. But long drinks, like collins and fizzes, one is usually fine.
What are the closing duties of bartender?
Here is the bar closing checklist for bartenders: Lock beer and wine coolers. Clean and lock beer taps. Take floor mats to back dock.
What are bartenders responsibilities?
Bartenders work directly with customers by mixing and serving drink orders. Their responsibilities include verifying age requirements, knowing alcohol pairing and tastes, knowing how to make traditional and classy drinks, processing payments, managing inventory and cleaning bar supplies.
What are 4 basic method in making cocktails?
Basic methods for preparing cocktails: Shake — Shake; Build — Construct; Stir — Stir.
What is the bar opening procedures What are the duties of the staff that needs to complete at the beginning of the day?
Open the door and note anything that immediately jumps out at you as needing attention (odors, misplaced items, spills or things that need to be cleaned) Clean floors (you can never vacuum too much) Wipe down countertops and tables. Replace and refill any condiments and tabletop items.
How should bar and table tops be cleaned?
First, use a soapy water solution to clean tables using a clean disposable paper towel, and 2. Second, after cleaning the table surface with soap or detergent and rinsing with water, disinfect tables by using a diluted bleach water solution – according to directions listed below.
What are the responsibilities of a bartender?
Why do bartenders put two straws?
“Sometimes two straws are given because one straw is so skinny, and the flow is too slow.” Think about it. If your drink is served in a rocks glass, the straws are going to be small. Using both of them allows you to down your cocktail before the ice cubes melt.
What are the different methods of theft in bar?
How Bartenders Steal
- Bootlegging Liquor. Bartenders can bring in their own bottle of liquor to use when making customer drinks.
- Faking a Walk-out.
- Free Drinks and Over-Pouring.
- Manipulating Credit Card Receipts.
- Short Changing and Pocketing Overages.
- Short Pouring.
- Skimming Table Tabs.
What are opening and closing duties of bartender?
Bartender Opening Checklist
- Unlock beer and wine coolers.
- Unlock and inspect beer taps to ensure they are functional.
- Check bar inventory and restock any items if necessary.
- Place floor mats behind the bar.
- Cut and prepare garnishes and other perishables.
- Prepare mixers and juices.
What is opening/closing checklist?
An opening and closing checklist for a restaurant is a list of tasks that staff need to complete either at the start or the end of a shift. These lists are accessible to all members of staff – whether they are printed and displayed, or made available digitally – who can tick or sign off each task as it is completed.