What are the common names of weeds?
20 common weeds in local areas
- Speargrass (Imperata cylindrica) Photo: wiktionary.org.
- Siam weed (Chromolaena odorata) Photo: youtube.com.
- Nutgrass (Cyperus rotundus)
- Milkweed (Euphorbia heterophylla)
- Nuke-Noh (Tridax procumbens)
- Witchweed (Striga genus)
- Couchgrass (Digitaria abyssinica)
- Dayflower (Commelina benghalensis)
What is botanical name of plant?
PlantaePlant / Scientific name
What is the botanical name of grasses?
PoaceaeGrasses / Scientific name
Poaceae (/poʊˈeɪsiaɪ/) or Gramineae (/ɡrəˈmɪniaɪ/) is a large and nearly ubiquitous family of monocotyledonous flowering plants commonly known as grasses.
What is the scientific name of 10 plants?
Mentioned below is the list of common plants along with their scientific names….Scientific Names of Common Plants.
|Common Name of Plants||Scientific Name of Plants|
|Curry leaf||Murraya koenigii|
What are the five common weeds?
13 Common Lawn and Garden Weeds
- Crabgrass (Digitaria spp.) Crabgrass.
- Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- Lambsquarters (Chenopodium album)
- Pigweed (Amaranthus spp.)
- Chickweed (Stellaria sp.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- Shepherd’s Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)
- Creeping Charlie (Glechoma hederacea)
What is botanical name of mango?
Mangifera indicaMangifera indica / Scientific name
Mangifera indica (MI), also known as mango, aam, it has been an important herb in the Ayurvedic and indigenous medical systems for over 4000 years. Mangoes belong to genus Mangifera which consists of about 30 species of tropical fruiting trees in the flowering plant family Anacardiaceae.
What is the botanical name of yam and cassava?
Cassava, yams (Dioscorea spp.), and sweet potatoes (Ipomoea batatas) are important sources of food in the tropics.
What is the botanical name of elephant grass?
Pennisetum purpureumNapier grass / Scientific name
What is the botanical name of carpet grass?
AxonopusAxonopus / Scientific name
carpet grass, (Axonopus fissifolius), mat-forming perennial grass of the family Poaceae, native to sandy soils in southeastern North America.
What is scientific name of Banana?
MusaMusa / Scientific name
The first scientific term given to banana is Musa paradisiaca Linn. published in 1753 by Linnaeus in his book Species Plantarum, the origin of modern botanical nomenclature. His simple description was based on a plantain cultivar bearing long and slender fruits that remain starchy even when fully ripe.