Does Windows Live Mail support IMAP?
Windows Live Mail Setup for IMAP On Windows Live Mail toolbar, click File (1), then go to Options (2), and click Email accounts (3).
Is Windows Live Mail still supported in Windows 10?
Windows Live Mail is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, but is also compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10, even though Microsoft bundles a new email client, named Windows Mail, with the latter.
How do I set up IMAP email in Microsoft Mail?
Click the settings Icon in the bottom left hand corner of the mail client.
- Click Manage accounts.
- Click Add Account.
- Click Advanced Setup.
- Click Internet Email.
- Next fill out the following information with the appropriate information.
- In Account name put the first part of your email address (Everything before the @ Symbol)
Is Live Email POP3 or IMAP?
Live.com supports IMAP / SMTP That means you don’t have to use Live.com webmail interface! You can check your emails using other email programs (like Mailbird, Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird).
Is Windows Live Mail obsolete?
A. After warning users in 2016 of coming changes, Microsoft stopped official support for Windows Live Mail 2012 and other programs in the Windows Essentials 2012 suite on Jan. 10, 2017.
How do I install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10?
How to Get the Windows Live Mail Download
- Download Windows Live Essentials from Archive.org. You can download via torrent or your browser.
- Run the file to install the app.
- Select the ‘Select programs to install’ option.
- Uncheck all apps you do not want to install. Make sure Mail is checked.
- Click Install.
How do I change Windows Live Mail from POP to IMAP?
How to change an account from POP3 to IMAP in Windows Live Mail
- Right-click on your account from the left pane.
- Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Change the SMTP, IMAP, or POP ports in this section.
- Navigate to the Servers tab.
- Specify if your Outgoing server needs authentication.
Does Windows 10 mail use IMAP or POP?
By default, email accounts added to Windows 10 Mail are added as IMAP. However, if you wish to configure a POP3 account in Windows 10 Mail, this guide will be of use to you.