What are the 5 agencies of UN?
UN Specialized Agencies
- FAO. Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- ICAO. Headquarters: Montreal, Canada.
- IFAD. Headquarters: Rome, Italy.
- ILO. Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- IMF. Headquarters: Washington, DC, USA.
- IMO. Headquarters: London, United Kingdom.
- ITU. Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- UNESCO. Headquarters: Paris, France.
What are the six UN agencies?
- General Assembly.
- Security Council.
- Economic and Social Council.
- Trusteeship Council.
- International Court of Justice.
What are the 15 UN specialized agencies?
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- International Atomic Energy Agency.
- International Criminal Court.
- International Fund for Agricultural Development.
- International Labour Organization.
- International Monetary Fund.
- International Organization for Migration.
Is UNICEF a UN agency?
UNICEF is a multilateral child-rights organisation established by the UN with 70 years of field-tested expertise, a network that spans the globe, a passion for innovation and a commitment to make every penny count.
Which is the best agency in UN?
Top 10 UN Agencies for United Nations Day
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- UN Women.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Is Unicef a UN agency?
Which is the oldest agency of UN?
The ILO was designated as the first specialized agency of the UN in 1946. The IMF’s core mission is to maintain the stability of the international monetary system and mitigate the impact of financial crises.
Which is the oldest UN agency?
The ILO was designated as the first specialized agency of the UN in 1946.
Is WTO under UN?
Although the WTO is not a UN specialized agency, it has maintained strong relations with the UN and its agencies since its establishment.
What are the 6 organs of UNO Upsc?
Principal Organs of the United Nations
|Name of the Organ||Primary Function|
|UN General Assembly||Deliberative assembly of all the UN member states|
|UN Secretariat||Administrative organ of the UN|
|International Court of Justice||Universal court of international law|
|UN Security Council||Arbitrates international security issues|