What can I make out of Styrofoam egg cartons?
You can give that paper yet another life by reusing the cartons in these resourceful ways.
- Start seedlings. Cut off the lid, fill each cup with potting soil, and plant some seeds.
- Muffle the band.
- Feed birds.
- Fire the grill.
- Cushion ornaments.
- Organize fasteners.
- Round up tiny spare lights.
- Ship cheaply.
What can I do this old egg carton?
11 Creative Egg Carton Uses:
- Make Egg Carton Flower Lights:
- Give ‘Em to Your Chicken-Owning Friends:
- Grow Seedlings in Egg Cartons:
- Egg Carton Wreath:
- Use Egg Cartons to store Christmas Ornaments:
- Make DIY Fire Starters:
- Use Egg Cartons as Creative Gift Packaging:
- Use Egg Cartons as Paint Cups:
Can you make Shrinky Dinks out of egg cartons?
Shrinky Dink Substitutes | eHow.com Some polystyrene items, such as number 6 plastic, can be used like shrink plastic. Spring Wreath using yellow and pink egg cartons. Great project for the kids.
Can you spray paint Styrofoam egg cartons?
Styrofoam cuts easily and takes spray paint, paint pens, markers and acrylics well, so designing and decorating the egg carton crafts is a breeze.
How do you decorate Styrofoam eggs?
How to Decorate Styrofoam Eggs
- Cover the work surface in newspaper.
- Tear colored tissue paper or scrapbook paper into random shapes and sizes.
- Slide one sequin onto a sequin pin, pressing it into a Styrofoam egg until the sequin rests firmly against the egg.
- Cut fabric into random shapes.
Can you paint Styrofoam egg cartons?
How do you make a flower out of an egg carton?
Directions to Make Egg Carton Flowers
- Cut out your egg cartons.
- Paint your egg cartons.
- Fold over your pipe cleaner so that the folded part is at the bottom of the stem of the flower.
- Glue your button on top of the pipe cleaner in the center of the egg carton.
- Now make your tin can!
How can styrofoam be reused?
6 Things to Do with Styrofoam
- Use Styrofoam to Keep Nail Polish Nice.
- Use Styrofoam to Hold Treats for Shipping and Freezing.
- Use Styrofoam to Make a Floating Tray for the Pool.
- Use Styrofoam to Make Your Own Shipping Pellets.
- Use Styrofoam to Make a Kickboard.
- Use Styrofoam to Help Shrubs Withstand Winter.
What can I use instead of Shrinky Dink paper?
Some clear plastic bottles and deli containers can be turned into shrink art. Shinky Dinks is the name of a type of shrink plastic. When heated, shrink plastic reduces in size.
Can you make Shrinky Dinks with Styrofoam?
Get the kids to decorate the Styrofoam with the markers. They can also cut it into fun shapes. Then bake in 325 F oven for 5 to 10 minutes, till they’ve shrunk. Bear in mind they’re going to shrink dramatically (almost 50 per cent).
What is the best paint to use on styrofoam?
acrylic craft paints
Water based paints or acrylic craft paints are the best to use on Styrofoam. Water based paints, specifically poster paints, work well with younger kids as they can get a really good and thick coverage of paint on the polystyrene shape. They will need a little longer to dry though.