What do do when PC says interactive logon process initialization has failed?
Enter the System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options: Restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
What is interactive logon process?
The interactive logon process confirms the user’s identification by using the security account database on the user’s local computer or by using the domain’s directory service. This mandatory logon process cannot be turned off for users in a domain.
What is the logon process?
In general computer usage, logon is the procedure used to get access to an operating system or application, usually in a remote computer. Almost always a logon requires that the user have (1) a user ID and (2) a password.
How do I turn off interactive logon?
Navigate to Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignments\Deny logon locally. Enter the security group you created in step 1, and save the GPO. Make sure the GPO is set to authenticated users.
How do I know if interactive logon is disabled?
Open up group policy manager, and go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment .
What are Windows logon types?
In this article
|Logon type||#||Authenticators accepted|
|Interactive (also known as, Logon locally)||2||Password, Smartcard, other|
|Network||3||Password, NT Hash, Kerberos ticket|
|Batch||4||Password (stored as LSA secret)|
|Service||5||Password (stored as LSA secret)|
Do you know the login process of Windows Server?
The Windows logon process in detail
- Step 1 of the Windows logon process with winlogon.exe, logonUI.exe and lsass.exe.
- The Windows Local Security Authority process.
- Windows logon process NegotiateAuthPackage.
- Loading the user profile and desktop.
- Domain controller authentication with Kerberos.
How do I get rid of interactive logon in Windows 7?
To disable it:
- type Gpedit. msc in run prompt.
- Browse to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Logon Options.
- Open Display information about previous logons during user logon and set it to Disabled.
- Press OK.
How do I make my Windows account non interactive?
Go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment and put your user account into the “Deny log on Locally” and “Deny log on through Remote Desktop Services” lists.
How do I disable interactive logon for service accounts?
How can I test my logon as a service?
- Logon to the computer with administrative privileges.
- Open the ‘Administrative Tools’ and open the ‘Local Security Policy’
- Expand ‘Local Policy’ and click on ‘User Rights Assignment’
- In the right pane, right-click ‘Log on as a service’ and select properties.
How many Windows logon types are there?
Windows supports two kinds of user accounts: domain accounts and local accounts as shown below. Local accounts are stored in the SAM of member servers and workstations and are authenticated by the local system. Domain accounts are stored in AD and are authenticated by DCs.