Why is my old iPad not connecting to hotspot?
If you can’t find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it. Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
How do I connect my old iPad to my hotspot?
Connect iPhone, iPod touch, or another iPad to your Personal Hotspot. On the other device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, then choose your iPad from the list of available networks. If asked for a password on the other device, enter the password shown in Settings > Personal Hotspot on your iPad.
How do I enable tethering on iOS?
TETHERING WITH YOUR iPHONE
- Go to your iPhone’s on-screen Settings.
- Look for Personal Hotspot; or General, followed by Network, and finally Personal Hotspot.
- Tap on Personal Hotspot and then slide the switch to On.
- Then connect the iPhone to your laptop or tablet using a USB cable or Bluetooth.
Can Wi-Fi only iPad connect to hotspot?
If you have a Wi-Fi only iPad, or any internet capable device, you can easily use your iPhone’s personal hotspot feature to get online. Many carriers support the personal hotspot feature, as long as you’ve got a compatible data plan.
Can iOS 9 connect to hotspot?
All you really need to do is turn the iOS 9 hotspot on and then enter the password on the device you want to connect with and the devices will connect so you can start using it to get online.
Can you hotspot a iPad without Cellular?
A mobile hotspot appears as a normal Wi-Fi access point to iPad, irrespective of the source (iPhone, any other mobile or any other device which creates a mobile hotspot). Irrespective of the cellular connection type on your device which created the hotspot, iPad will see it as a normal Wi-Fi access point.
How do I tether my iPad to my iPhone for free?
How to Tether an iPad to an iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Select Personal Hotspot.
- Move the Personal Hotspot toggle switch to on/green.
- Note the Personal Hotspot password listed on this screen.
- Your iPhone is now ready to connect to your iPad.
How do I use my iPad as a cellular phone?
You first set up your iPhone, and then set up your iPad.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular.
- If your iPhone has Dual SIM, choose a line (below Cellular Plans).
- Do any of the following:
- On your iPad, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on FaceTime and Calls from iPhone.