How do I add a category to a WordPress post URL?
Adding Category and Subcategory in WordPress Post URLs There you need to click on the ‘custom structure’ option under common settings area. Next, you need to add /Êtegory%/%postname%/ in the field next to custom structure. After that, don’t forget to click on the save changes button to store your settings.
How do I categorize my posts on WordPress?
Categorize your Posts
- In your dashboard, click on Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Post Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to.
- Click Update or Publish to apply the changes to that post.
How do you assign a blog post to a category?
Assign Categories when Adding or Editing a Post
- On the Add New/Edit Post screen, look for the Categories panel (at right).
- In the Categories panel, check the category name(s) to assign the post to.
- On the Publish panel (top right), click Save Draft, Publish or Update.
What is category slug in WordPress?
What is a Slug? A WordPress slug is nothing more than a few words, which you choose, to describe a post, page, category, or tag within WordPress. These words then appear as part of the URL (or Permalink) directing visitors to that content.
How do I use permalinks in WordPress?
To configure the permalink structure for your WordPress site, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Settings, and then click Permalinks. The Permalink Settings page appears.
- Click Save Changes. WordPress updates the URLs for your posts and pages immediately.
How do I add sub categories in WordPress?
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory.
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link.
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
What is the default post category of a post on a website?
The default category in a new WordPress installation is “Uncategorized“. If you don’t pick a category for a post, then the post is automatically placed into the default category.
What is the difference between a permalink and a slug?
Permalinks are the permanent URLs to your individual pages and blog posts, as well as your category and tag archives. Slugs are the URL-friendly names of your posts, pages, categories, and tags.
How do I add a slug to my WordPress post?
WordPress Post Slug You can set your post’s slug while writing or editing your post. Go below your post Title box, and find a Permalink URL. If you can’t find a permalink there, you need to enter your title first. After the permalink appears, you can edit your slug by clicking the Edit button.