Is Belize a good place for kids?
A major aspect of making a family trip a success is making sure that the adults also have a great time, and Belize has plenty to keep kids and parents happy (and in my case, the uncle, happy).
What can toddlers do in Belize?
Best Things to Do in Belize with Kids
- Visiting the Belize Zoo. Mayflower Bocawina National Park.
- Snorkeling at the Blue Hole, Lighthouse Reef Atoll.
- SUP time at Glover’s Reef.
- Whitewater kayaking on the Moho River.
- Exploring the Mayan ruins at Lamanai.
- Tutti Frutti, Placencia, Belize.
Is Belize safe for family travel?
U.S. citizens should avoid traveling to Belize City. Historically much of the violent crime in Belize occurs in the Southside of Belize City and is gang related. This area (south of Haulover Creek Canal and continuing south to Fabers Road) does not overlap the typical tourism areas.
Is there anything to do in Belize?
Along with birding, hiking and swimming, visitors can explore caves, waterfalls, and the Mayan site of Caracol. Other popular national parks in Belize include Mayflower Bocawaina, St. Herman’s Blue Hole, Rio Blanco, Hol Chan, and the Blue Hole.
Is Belize fun for families?
Belize is inexpensive, easy to get to from the United States or Canada, and extremely welcoming for families. While older children will enjoy the adventurous activities like cave tubing and ziplining, there are plenty of activities for families traveling with kids, both on the mainland and on the islands.
Are there crocodiles in Belize?
Two species of crocodiles reside in Belize: the Morelet’s crocodile and the American crocodile. The survival of both species is threatened by continuing human development within their wetland habitats.
What can you do in Belize without an excursion?
Belize City On Your Own
- Take a cave tubing trip down the river.
- Go snorkeling an outer island.
- Scuba dive in the Barrier Reef.
- Visit a Mayan ruin.
- Sample some Belizean food.
- Go birding.
- Visit Caye Caulker for some beach time.
- Pay a visit to the Belize Zoo.
What are three tourist attractions in Belize?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Belize
- Ambergris Caye & Hol Chan Marine Reserve. Ambergris Caye.
- Lighthouse Reef Atoll and the Blue Hole.
- Placencia Peninsula.
- Turneffe Islands Atoll.
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary & Jaguar Preserve.
- Caye Caulker.
- Lamanai Archaeological Reserve.
- Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve.
How many days do you need in Belize?
7 days is just enough time to show you the country’s highlights from the islands to the rain forest and everything in between. Perfect for first-timers, this Belize travel guide will help you experience the best in as little as one week.
Is Belize Safe for tourists 2021?
Belize is a fairly safe place, but it’s important to note a few key risks. The crime rate in Belize — including violent crime — is high. Tourists are less likely to be deliberately targeted for violent crime but can be victims of opportunistic thefts, pickpocketing and scams.