How do I look up a business with the secretary of state in Texas?
This system offers three search options:
- Call the state business information line at 512-463-5555 and request that the representative check if the LLC name is available.
- Email your request to [email protected].
- Use the Texas Secretary of State database to perform a search.
Are articles of organization required for LLC in Texas?
Articles of organization LLC Texas is a document you are required to file if you want to form a limited liability company (LLC) in Texas. Similar to articles of incorporation, articles of organization provide the basic information needed to register your company with the Texas secretary of state.
How do I remove a registered agent in Texas?
To change your registered agent in Texas, you must complete and file a Change of Registered Agent form with the Texas Secretary of State. The Texas Change of Registered Agent must be submitted by mail, fax, in person, or online and costs $15 to file.
Can I use a PO Box for my LLC in Texas?
All states require LLCs to have and maintain a registered agent with a registered office address in their state. This is the address where the secretary of state will send any necessary correspondence. You can use your company’s work address, but this address generally cannot be a post office box or mailbox service.
What is a Texas secretary of state file number?
The filing number is the unique 10-digit number assigned by the secretary of state to each business organization, name registration, or name reservation filed with the secretary of state.
How do I look up an LLC in Texas?
You can search a Texas LLC name 3 ways:
- Call the State. Call the State Business Information Line at 512-463-5555 and tell them: “Hello, I am forming an LLC and I’d like to check to see if my name is available.”
- Send an Email. The Texas Secretary of State replies to emails very fast.
- Search the State’s Online Database.
What documents are required for LLC in Texas?
You can create a Texas LLC by filing a Certificate of Formation for a Limited Liability Company (Form 205) with the Secretary of State. The certificate must include: the LLC’s name, including the suffix. the name and address of the LLC’s registered agent.