How do I view MySQL logs in Windows?
You’ll find the error log in the data directory specified in your my. ini file. The default data directory location in Windows is “C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.7\data”, or “C:\ProgramData\Mysql”.
How do I view MySQL logs?
How to show the queries log in MySQL?
- Enable Query logging on the database. SET global general_log = 1; SET global log_output = ‘table’;
- Now you can view the log by running this query: SELECT * FROM mysql. general_log;
- If you want to disable query logging on the database, run this query: SET global general_log = 0;
Does MySQL log user activity?
MySQL Server can create a number of different log files to help you see what activity is taking place. See Section 5.2, “MySQL Server Logs”. However, you must clean up these files regularly to ensure that the logs do not take up too much disk space.
What is MySQL general log?
The general query log is a general record of what mysqld is doing. The server writes information to this log when clients connect or disconnect, and it logs each SQL statement received from clients.
Where are MySQL logs stored in Windows?
The error log is located in the data directory specified in your my. ini file. The default data directory location is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\data , or C:\ProgramData\Mysql on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. The C:\ProgramData directory is hidden by default.
What is audit log in MySQL?
When installed, the audit plugin enables MySQL Server to produce a log file containing an audit record of server activity. The log contents include when clients connect and disconnect, and what actions they perform while connected, such as which databases and tables they access.
Where are MySQL logs kept?
The default location for each of the logs is the MySQL Data directory (C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server [version number]\Data\), and the default log names are based on the computer’s device name.
Where is the MySQL log file?
How do I trace a MySQL query?
Open SQL Server Profiler Just search for the tool on your computer where SQL server is running. It should automatically come with the installation. Once that is open you click ‘file/new trace’ and connect to the database similar to when opening SQL server management studio.
Where MySQL files are stored?
Typically, MySQL will store data in the default directory of /var/lib/mysql.
How can I tell if MySQL audit log is enabled?
- Log in to the MySQL database.
- Install the audit log plug-in and verify the following two lines in the my.cnf file: plugin-load = audit_log.so audit_log_format=JSON.
- Restart the mysql daemon.
- Run the following two SQLs to install the default filter to get every log.
- Configure the remote syslog.