How do you find the diameter of a graph using BFS?
Algo to find diameter of graph is as follows:
- Run BFS on any arbirtray vertex and remember the last node visited (say t)
- Run BFS from t and rememver the last node visited (say t’)
- shortest distance between t and t’ will be the diameter of the graph.
How do you find the diameter of a graph?
Diameter: The diameter of a graph is the length of the longest chain you are forced to use to get from one vertex to another in that graph. You can find the diameter of a graph by finding the distance between every pair of vertices and taking the maximum of those distances.
How do you measure the diameter of a tree?
To find the diameter of a tree on a slope:
- Measure the circumference of the tree at breast height (usually, 1.35 m from the ground) on its uphill side.
- Divide the tree circumference by π (= 3.14) to estimate your tree’s diameter at breast height (DBH) on a slope.
Can we use a BFS to detect a cycle in a graph?
BFS wont work for a directed graph in finding cycles. Consider A->B and A->C->B as paths from A to B in a graph. BFS will say that after going along one of the path that B is visited. When continuing to travel the next path it will say that marked node B has been again found,hence, a cycle is there.
How do you find the longest path in BFS?
finding longest path in an undirected and unweighted graph
- Use a weight variable to store weight of the corresponding nodes.
- Use bfs on any node(e.g. node no.
- Use a visit variable to mark the visited nodes so that you don’t visit them again.
- Iterate over every node to find the node with highest number.
What is the diameter of the graph?
is a graph distance. In other words, a graph’s diameter is the largest number of vertices which must be traversed in order to travel from one vertex to another when paths which backtrack, detour, or loop are excluded from consideration.
What is diameter in network analysis?
Diameter of a network It is the shortest distance between the two most distant nodes in the network. In other words, once the shortest path length from every node to all other nodes is calculated, the diameter is the longest of all the calculated path lengths.
What is the diameter of an AVL tree?
The diameter of a tree is the number of nodes on the longest path between two leaves in the tree.
What is the diameter of a circle?
2 x radiusCircle / Diameter
What is a graph diameter?
The diameter of a graph is the maximum eccentricity of any vertex in the graph. That is, is the greatest distance between any pair of vertices or, alternatively, . To find the diameter of a graph, first find the shortest path between each pair of vertices.