How do you teach a teenager in Sunday school?
How to Teach Engaging Lessons for Youth
- Prepare the classroom.
- Develop a spirit of inclusion.
- Share stories and examples.
- Conducting Discussions.
- Don’t just talk, but listen and invite the youth to ask questions and discover the gospel for themselves.
How can teens make Sunday school interesting?
Fun Sunday School Activities for Teens
- Games. Games are an enjoyable way to learn — and can be an appropriate activity for a teen Sunday school class.
- Music. Many churches are adding contemporary praise and worship music to services, but might not include popular contemporary Christian music teens enjoy.
How do you make a Sunday school lesson fun?
How to Make Sunday School More Fun (Without Watering Down Your Teaching)
- Movement. Teaching kids about the life of Jesus might normally be an opportunity to place your flimsy felt cut-outs on a board, but a more interactive approach gets the kids involved in telling the story themselves!
- Quality Media.
What should I teach my Sunday school class?
15 Sunday School Lesson Theme Ideas
- Theme: Jesus Hears Our Prayers.
- Theme: Jesus is Our Anchor.
- Theme: Becoming a Fisher of Men.
- Theme: Convicted for Christianity.
- Theme: Take Time to Rest and Enjoy God.
- Theme: Me and My Big Mouth — Understanding Gossip.
- Theme: Worrying about “Stuff”
- Theme: Knowing the Holy Spirit.
How do you teach a teenager?
12 Tips for Teaching Teens
- Talk like an adult, but remember they’re still children.
- Be proactive, not reactive.
- Respond to the small stuff.
- Encourage appropriate self-expression.
- Find the hidden reason for misbehavior.
- Hold your ground today, and tomorrow will be better.
- Beware of free time.
- Show sincere appreciation.
How do you engage students in Sunday school?
Greet each child. First, at the door, before each child enters the classroom, greet them by name and give them a hug, handshake or pat on the back. Then, ask the child if they are ready to enter the classroom. If they’re ready, they can enter the classroom. Though if not, they don’t have to until they are.
How do I run a successful Sunday school?
Seven Actions to Take Leading Up to a New Sunday School Class
- Secure prayer support.
- Be clear on who the new class is for.
- Gather what you need.
- Prepare to lead a Bible study.
- Distribute resources.
- Enlist a team.
- Conduct a pre-class event.
What activities can be done in Sunday school?
10 GREAT Sunday School & Bible Games for Kids
- General Guidelines for Playing Sunday School Games.
- Sunday School Games for Kids. 2.1 Memory Verse Games. 2.2 Disappearing Words. 2.3 Verse Hunt.
- Bible Lesson Review Games. 3.1 Sword Drill. 3.2 Ring the Bell.
- Sunday School Games That Teach a Lesson for Tweens and Teens.
How do you engage teenage students?
Go With The Flow: 10 Ways to Easily Engage Teenagers
- Ask How They are Going.
- Make it About Them.
- Let Teens Teach You.
- Use Culture.
- Do Something Active.
- Get Them To Perform.
- Give Them a Choice.
- Set Them A Challenge.