What version of PHP Am I running Ubuntu?
Checking and printing PHP version installed on your Linux and Unix server
- Open the terminal prompt and then type the following commands.
- Login to the server using the ssh command.
- Display PHP version, run: php –version OR php-cgi –version.
- To print PHP 7 version, type: php7 –version OR php7-cgi –version.
How can I check my PHP version?
1. Type the following command, replacing [location] with the path to your PHP installation. 2. Typing php -v now shows the PHP version installed on your Windows system.
How do I know if PHP is installed Ubuntu?
Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php –version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system.
What is the current PHP version?
It seems like a simple question with a simple answer: the latest PHP version currently is PHP 7.4. However!…PHP 8 release schedule.
|Alpha 1||June 25, 2020|
|Release candidate 3||October 29, 2020|
|Release candidate 4||November 12, 2020|
|General availability||November 26, 2020|
Where is PHP installed Ubuntu?
From below example, we can see the PHP executable file path is /usr/bin/php , and it is linked to /www/server/php/73/bin/php file ( this is the real PHP executable file ). If whereis command returns multiple PHP install path, then you can run which command to get current PHP executable file path.
What is my localhost PHP version?
Make sure the Web server is running, open a browser and type http://localhost/phptest.php. You should then see a screen showing detailed information about the PHP version you are using and installed modules.
How do I download PHP on Ubuntu?
Installing PHP 7.3 on Ubuntu 18.04
- Start by enabling the Ondrej PHP repository: sudo apt install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php.
- Install PHP 7.3 and some of the most common PHP modules: sudo apt install php7.3 php7.3-common php7.3-opcache php7.3-cli php7.3-gd php7.3-curl php7.3-mysql.
How do I install the latest PHP version in Ubuntu?
Install PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 18.04 / Ubuntu 16.04
- Step 1: Add PHP PPA Repository. We’ll add ppa:ondrej/php PPA repository which has the latest build packages of PHP.
- Step 2: Install PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 18.04/16.04. Install PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 18.04/19.04/16.04 using the command: sudo apt -y install php7.4.
Should I update my PHP version?
One of the most important reasons to update PHP is to ensure you are running on a version that is fully supported and patched regularly for security vulnerabilities. PHP 5.4 has not been patched since 2015. And PHP 5.5 has not been patched since 2016.