What are the extreme effects of global warming?
Scientists have predicted that long-term effects of climate change will include a decrease in sea ice and an increase in permafrost thawing, an increase in heat waves and heavy precipitation, and decreased water resources in semi-arid regions.
What are the 4 factors that affect global warming?
Factors Affecting Global Climate
- Atmospheric Circulation. The sun’s rays provide both light and heat to Earth, and regions that receive greater exposure warm to a greater extent.
- Ocean Currents.
- Global Climate.
What are the 5 impacts of climate change?
The direct consequences of man-made climate change include:
- rising maximum temperatures.
- rising minimum temperatures.
- rising sea levels.
- higher ocean temperatures.
- an increase in heavy precipitation (heavy rain and hail)
- increase in the proportion of violent tropical cyclones.
- increase in aridity and drought.
How does climate extremes relate to climate change?
Accordingly, a change in climate is most likely to be perceived by encountering new “weather” and breaking records: changes in the extremes. Changes in certain extremes, such as higher temperatures and increases in heavy rains and droughts are expected with climate change (IPCC 2007; Trenberth 2011a).
What are the 10 effects of global warming?
10 Climate Change Impacts That Will Affect Us All
- Damage to your home.
- More expensive home insurance.
- Outdoor work could become unbearable.
- Higher electric bills and more blackouts.
- Rising taxes.
- More allergies and other health risks.
- Food will be more expensive and variety may suffer.
- Water quality could suffer.
What are the 7 factors that affect weather and climate?
List the factors that affect the climate of a place.
- Ocean Currents.
- Prevailing winds.
What are examples of extreme weather?
Weather-related extreme events are often short-lived and include heat waves, freezes, heavy downpours, tornadoes, tropical cyclones and floods. Climate-related extreme events either persist longer than weather events or emerge from the accumulation of weather or climate events that persist over a longer period of time.
What is global warming causes and effects?
Global warming is the phenomenon of gradual increase in the average temperature of earth . It is caused by the release of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, methane, CFCs etc. into the atmosphere.