Is there a format for personal statement?
A general rule of thumb you might follow is to submit a 2-3 page statement, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins, in 12-pt. Times New Roman font. While there are no set rules about length or format, this is typically considered appropriate and sufficient.
How do I write a personal statement for PGDE?
Give appropriate evidence of the skills you possess for teaching. Indicate the relevance of any other types of experience or skills you possess, e.g. working with people, sports or languages etc. Avoid using negative language. Present any gaps in skills or experience positively.
What makes a good Pgce personal statement?
Your personal statement should be original and honest. Try and avoid clichés or writing what you think we want to hear. All we really want to hear are the real reasons you’re applying to study a PGCE and become a teacher.
How long should my PGCE personal statement be?
You can use up to 47 lines of text (4,000 characters) in your personal statement.
What is the best way to start a personal statement?
Start with why you chose it, then try and summarise this in one or two sentences. Be original and refer to personal experiences as a way to draw attention. Avoid overused opening sentences, quotes and clichés like ‘when I was young…’ They want to know about you now, not your childhood or Shakespeare!
How do I start a PGCE personal statement?
tailor your personal statement according to the school/age group. use good, clear, written English, using first person terms such as ‘my’ and ‘I’ be original and honest. avoid clichés and general statements, such as ‘I’ve always wanted to teach’
How do I structure a PGCE personal statement?
It’s important to:
- use examples based on your recent teaching experience.
- tailor your personal statement according to the school/age group.
- use good, clear, written English, using first person terms such as ‘my’ and ‘I’
- be original and honest.
- avoid clichés and general statements, such as ‘I’ve always wanted to teach’
How do you write a 500 word personal statement?
How To Write A 500 Word Personal Statement
- Begin with a relevant anecdote or quotation.
- Avoid making obvious claims and avoid repeating yourself.
- Keep it short; you should aim to write no more than two pages.
- Only provide material that will benefit you in some way.
- Don’t make any false statements.